Thursday, October 1, 2009

We're feeling good

First let me say a huge thank you to everyone for their support during this challenging time. It's been very hard to adjust to this surprise. It's devastating to hear that your baby may not make it but I'm feeling better about it. As I learn about it and get over the shock I'm getting optimistic. His case is favorable for a number of reasons. Also I learned the success rate for the 3 surgeries are 80-90% depending on who you ask. So while it's not a sure thing by any means and the outcome of a "success" can be different in different cases... I'm feeling good.

Also, it looks like the rest of the family will be coming out here soon so the bros will be reunited.

2 comments:

  1. Rob, What can I say? As a friend 3,000 miles away I feel helpless. So...I called a friend of ours who is a pediatric cardiologist and gave her the information about Henry. She also gave the 80-90% success rate for the surgeries. She said that there will be a lot of maintenance in between the surgeries (medications, limiting Henry's behaviors, etc.) but that the statistics for survival are good. She also said that Seattle Children's Hospital is the best place you can be. I am sure none of this is new to you, but I thought I would share... Please know how much Joe and I are praying for Henry to get strong and healthy and for you and Polly, Liam, and Lydia to be reunited soon. Love always...Ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear Rob! Thank you for sharing these updates with those of us who can hardly relax until this is all over and Henry is starting his first day of kindergarten. Polly is very special to me as you've probably noticed and we care so much about all of you and your situation. I'm so glad that Polly will be with you soon and able to see her son again. What a blessing to have Linda around to help . . .that's what GREAT mom's are for. Keep your chin up. You are a spectacular father . . .the best!

    ReplyDelete