Saturday, October 3, 2009

I think I'm turning Japanese

I moved over to the Ronald McDonald House which is right near the hospital. So now we've got a room for Polly, Rob, Liam, Lydia and Linda (and maybe Chuck for a few days?) to all squash in to. It got me thinking that it's like the Japanese culture where the entire family (grand parents, parents and kids) all live together. It will be cozy but they have all types of things to help us out. Play room for Lydia, volunteers to make dinner on weekdays, kitchens, your own bathroom.. and on it goes! We are in room 269. A quick googling reveals their address: 5130 40th Ave NE, Seattle, WA and homepage: http://www.rmhcseattle.org/

Plus if anyone has "I think I'm turning Japanese" by the Vapors.. I really want to hear it now.

2 comments:

  1. It is the least we could do:

    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4edf6741971e79c6391d7d881749d3a7d61f006c5940089fbf1b77d2eb488dac

    Kisses to Henry! Love all of you so much...

    Auntie Ron and Auntie Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob...SO GLAD that you are in some more comfortable quarters and that the rest of the family will be joining you soon, if they haven't already. Now, I guess is the really hard part...waiting for the surgery. I know you will get through this difficult time. Stay strong and know that we are all thinking of little Henry and his incredibly courageous family. Keep posting updates. Love...Ro

    ReplyDelete