Tuesday, October 6, 2009

All together now

Well, everyone is back together now. Chuck & Linda drove Polly, Lydia, and Liam over on Sunday. They had a long drive and got in very late. There was a huge dust storm and lots of accidents on the highway so they had to take a detour. The kids were fantastic on the drive and fell asleep before getting here. Poor Lydia was so tired. I carried her up to the room and she didn't even wake up to know it was me. Then in the middle of the night she woke up disoriented and was so excited to see me. We had a nice hug and she went back to sleep after I told her that I'd still be there in the morning.

Everyone is adjusting to this new "lifestyle". Thankfully we all got some better sleep than the first night. We are all very busy taking care of the kids and trying to fit in hospital visits and naps if possible. I have much less time and brain power to update here and respond to emails so please understand if my responses are short and to the point at the expense of tact.

Today at 2 we meet the surgeons and get the full disclosure and give consent for the procedure. Nothing exciting happening.. they just answer our questions and tell us about the process.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates, Rob. We're sending lots and lots of love and prayers your way. -Christine, Mike and Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Rob, Jake and I will be there Thursday, hopefully before the procedure is finished.....We cant wait to see all of you, tho it's only been a couple of days...Tell Lydia baBa' is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rob, I am so happy to hear that everyone arrived safely. Even though I only spent a little time with Lydia, I can tell that she is quite the "daddy's girl" and I can only imagine how happy she was to see you again (and how happy you were to see her, Pol, Liam, Chuck and Linda!). I hope that the meeting went well with the surgeons, and that they are explaining things in normal language and not doctor language. I will be thinking of you all on surgery day. Love to all...Ro and Joe

    ReplyDelete