Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Allowing myself some hope

Up until now I haven't even thought about when it would be over. I knew that it would be some time and we were always waiting for the next thing which was in a day or 2. Well now we are just waiting for his chest tube to stop draining. This is now excruciatingly slow since it is the last thing we need to resolve. It seems to be improving so that is great. If he continues to do well and the formula that we've chosen is effective then maybe by then end of the week the chest tube can come out! I'm really trying to not get too excited by the prospect because I know that it can still be much longer if it just continues to trickle. Then some other options may need to be explored. So .. slow steady progress. That's good right?

Also, my sister Kelly and Katie were here for the first day today and it was nice to have them here. Katie liked playing with all the new things and Henry. She drew him a nice picture which I hung up on his crib. Tomorrow Polly and Liam are driving out here too. I can't wait to see them again even though it will be more of a challenge to balance.

That's all for the update, now off to try to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment