Sunday, November 1, 2009

Henry at Home

Wow, what a crazy few days. We got to go home on Thursday the 29th, a month and a day after first getting to Seattle Children's Hospital. The drive home was comical at times. Lets just say everyone made it home in one piece.

Being at home with both our boys is absolutely wonderful. I feel so lucky and happy that we have made it successfully this far. Henry is healing great and has even begun nursing some. He still will need his feeding tube for some time though. We're all a little concerned about heading into this flu season. I really hope we don't have to be hospitalized again.

For now, we are just taking it day by day. We both thought that having 2 healthy twins would be so much easier than this. The daily routine we are finally settling into is kinda tough.

Again, thank you so much to everyone who sent care packages, gifts, notes, and prayers. I am still struck by the outpouring of support in all forms. It has all made it easier to cope. Now if we could just get some good sleep...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. My wishes are for you all to rest as much as you can....Glad that mom and dad are there to help.

    Love you. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful boys! So glad you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new babies and beautiful family! Polly, I'm not sure if you remember me - Don and Naomi's daughter, but Dad has been keeping me informed a little about you guys and I've been praying! I'm so glad you're all home and I'll continue to pray for health, sleep, and the adjustments for all. We just had a little boy about two weeks ago and our daughter is two - it would be fun to reconnect sometime!!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob, Polly and the whole family. I'm glad that you are all home and getting settled into a more normal routine than being at the hospital. Mom and Dad must be a big help! Hopefully you all can keep getting more rest.

    Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete